Who says that pestering doctors doesn’t work?
This morning, I was told that my treatment is going to be sharply accelerated. I am going through a cycle of chemotherapy this coming weekend and then being transported off to the beautiful clinic Castle Mammern for rehab (www.klinik-schloss-mammern.ch). I will be there for two weeks, then back here to Zurich again for a second and final cycle of chemo. Assuming that everything goes well, the second operation to replace the oesophagus should be able to take place in November. The original plan was for that operation to be scheduled for January. So with any luck, my treatment should be over two months earlier than originally foreseen and I should be able to be back home again in good time for Christmas.
Everything is moving ahead very quickly now. It’s partly because I’ve been actively fighting to regain my strength, but it’s also because I’ve been pestering the doctors to get things sorted out more quickly. Still quite a lot of intensive work ahead of me. I don’t know whether the e-mail system will operate normally from Mammern, but I’ll hopefully be able to keep up the blog once I’m there and installed.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry Tony I've justed watched the video in Schloss Mammern link and all rooms have internet connection apparently.
ReplyDeleteI don't know some guys have all the luck Tony and no one deserves it more than you. What a wonderful looking place (if they give you a twin room I'm booking a flight tomorrow)
cheers and hope all continues to go accordingly
David
Good news !!So can you keep food down now ?I,m glad things are moving forward and hope you can still log from there.Have a good weekend.
ReplyDeleteRose xx