Saturday morning
I had a better night; I guess I slept for a total of about 6 hours. I still have pains in the shoulder-blade and in the chest where they removed the thorax tube yesterday. They’re not terribly intense except when I turn myself in certain positions. I suppose the lesson is: “Don’t turn yourself in certain positions”. Somewhat easier said than done, that is.
I’m expecting my bed-bath in about half an hour, although it’s no longer going to be as much fun. Ms Krantz simply does my feet and legs now. I do the rest of myself in front of the mirror. Comparatively boring!
I’m not expecting much else to happen today. I’ll update my blog as the day passes by. Pete has flown off to Chicago and Danny is busy in St. Gallen until Sunday. That’s fine. I should be able to relax more today than in the rather hectic past few days.
Professor Schneider paid me a quick visit this morning and seemed more cheerful than on other occasions. Nothing more to come out over this weekend, but there’s a possibility that the drainage tubes might come out on Monday. That would make it much easier to get up out of bed and go for walks. Less embarrassing too. It’s not nice walking around with a bag swinging between your legs containing half a litre of urine... Yuk!
I should be in England today, but of course that became impossible. I’d certainly prefer to be there than to be languishing here. Oh well, it can’t be helped and it’s all for the best in the longer term.
Linda has been sending me cheerful e-mails every evening since the op. She was clearly very worried while I was on the butcher’s slab but all the more relieved when she was told that everything had gone well. She has been absolutely wonderful throughout.
No comments:
Post a Comment