Friday evening
The chemotherapy began this evening and will go on for 22 hours at a stretch. If there are going to be any side-effects, I imagine they will only show themselves tomorrow or on Sunday.
Then, bright and early on Monday morning, I’ll be transported out to Mammern for my fortnight of convalescence.
The other good news of the day was that the Professor announced the findings from the CT. According to that, there are no indications of cancer in any of the body now. The chemotherapy is simply a precaution, just in case there are still any rogue cells floating about.
Still quite a long way to go, but everything is looking positive now.
You must be elated, bit strong I admit, well delighted at least, by that news Tony. It seems a shame to have to suffer the effects of the chemo but must look to the long term I suppose and your team certainly have things under control. Enjoy the 5 Star surrounds of the schloss and put the treatment in it's place too.
ReplyDeleteHope the chemo isnt too harsh but if it is try to remember that it is for a limited time and you will feel better later on.Just go with it and rest lots.the first one I had wasnt very nice but you forget after it is over.Good luck for Monday.Hope you can still blog but if not perhaps your son can give us a quick update.Keep your spirits up,you,re on the right track
ReplyDeleteRose xxx