Saturday, 16 October 2010

Last weekend in Zurich for a while

The chemotherapy began yesterday evening and will end any time now. Actually, the third bottle ought to be empty by now, but there’s still some left in it.

I’ve been given 2 hours off for good behaviour – from 4 until 6 p.m. tomorrow (Sunday). I’ve arranged for a friend to pick me up and drive me home to switch some laundry and collect a few bits and pieces for Mammern, then I’ll be driven back to spend the night here in hospital. The next step will be off to Mammern on Monday morning.

I’m really looking forward to a complete change of scenery. I mean everyone here in Zurich has been great to me these past 3 weeks so I can’t complain at all. But three weeks in the same room hasn’t been particularly motivating. I’ve been able to get out into the hospital’s lovely park from time to time, although even that has fallen away due to a drastic change in the weather. So now it’s time for a different room, different surroundings, different people and the challenge of different treatment to get my strength up again ahead of the second and (hopefully) final operation.

I know I haven’t been posting on CancerChat just recently but I am following your stories and blogs with interest.

Just a note for David – if you’re having problems with the text box (I’m not crazy about it either), the simplest solution is to write what you want to write in a text editor (I use MS-WORD) and then copy-paste into the text box. It doesn’t like images, but it will generally take over text from WORD without a problem.

Kindest regards to you all
TonyB

1 comment:

  1. Good luck in your new "home"/Hope everything goes OK and you can still post on here.Stay strong
    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete