Sunday, 12 June 2011

Another stay in hospital

What a naive little boy I am! There I was, believing that the endoscopy would be an hour under anaesthetic and another hour in the wake-up room and then home to tea and cakes. Instead of that, I have been called up to enter hospital next Wednesday (15th June) for the "operation" (well, it actually WILL be an operation-style endoscopy this time) on Thursday. I don't know how long I'll have to stay after that - probably until they're satisfied that everything is healing and I can be sent home.

At least there's hope that I'll be able to swallow once the artificial oesophagus has been opened up again. That's all the motivation I need to face another stay in hospital. Actually, it's not that bad. I find it fairly easy to get on with the nurses (in German known as "Pflegefachfrauen" - you have to spit to pronounce it properly!), and I get spoiled for a while.

Linda is here in Zurich until Wednesday. We're having an enjoyable time together. Very short, as usual, but there are no alternatives at the moment. I'm looking forward to the time when I can commute to England and back again. I haven't been there since last August.

1 comment:

  1. Hey TonyB.

    Just as you are telling yourself off for not posting in a while I also have to do likewise for not keeping touch...things do sound a little more positive and you have some of that important quality of life back.

    I will get in touch with a few others to check in on you soon.

    Keep on keeping on and will catch up soon

    All the very best

    TonyS

    ReplyDelete