Tuesday, 2 November 2010

Musical chairs

The latest news is that I will be leaving most of my stuff here but moving back into the hospital on Thursday morning. On Thursday and overnight until Friday, I’ll have the second cycle of chemotherapy. On the Friday, they’ll be fitting a “port”. Don’t ask me what that is because I haven’t got a clue, but it’s apparently important.

Then, either on the Friday or the Saturday, I will move back to Susenberg for a quiet weekend to pack my things. I will then leave here on Monday morning to go home. The home nursing service is lined up to take care of the dressings etc. for as long as I’m at home. The liquid food will be delivered that same Monday afternoon.

I don’t know how long it will be before I’m called up for the PET CT and then the operation. It could just be two or three days. It could also be two or three weeks. I really don’t know.

Anyway, things are still moving so that’s encouraging.

4 comments:

  1. Good grief,i cant believe you are heading for home !!You sound much chirpier and enthusiastic.Hope things continue to go well for you and the chemo does its job without too many side effects.All the people at Cancer chat send their best wishes.Good luck
    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news Tone, you deserve some of that! We are praying and hoping that all will soon be much better for you - back at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tony

    Least you're 'on the move' which is more than I can say after my 3rd bout of chemo on Wednesday. Roflmao.

    Keep going long and keep going strong Tony

    cheers and wishing you all the best outcomes

    David

    ReplyDelete