Wednesday, 26 January 2011

Fighting back

Thank you for the very kind comments on here and e-mails that I've received since announcing the news. Perhaps I should have kept it to myself after all. I didn't realise how much grief it was going to cause.

Now that I've digested the shock, I'm feeling much better. The dreaded cannula is scheduled to come out tomorrow - which means that swallowing exercises won't be more than a couple of days away. The oncologists are lined up for the beginning of next week to sort out how the chemotherapy is going to be structured. And I've got the physiotherapist booked for tomorrow afternoon for an hour of muscle exercise. If things carry on at this rate, I should be able to go home within the next fortnight.

The aim now is to squeeze the very best I can out of each and every day (which, I suppose, is how you should live anyway, whatever your state of health). I've tended to be positive throughout this whole ordeal but now, more than ever, I refuse to mope or let anything get me down. Linda and I still have a lot of wonderful times ahead of us and I'm damned if I'll let anything distract me or us from making the very best of our time together.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like the positive Tone I know. I truly hope that Linda and you have lots of wonderful times ahead. As you say we must make the most of life, despite all. Looking forward to seeing you once when you are home. Haven't seen you for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have taken this all in such a positive way.It must be a relief to be out of that discomfort and knowing you can get back home.
    Hang in there Tony.
    Rose xxx

    ReplyDelete